Pacific Programming and Tech seeks an Accounting Consultant for the purpose of analyzing current accounting procedures, the design and assistance on creating an accounting software. As well, train new and existing management staff on this software. The one year mandate will include the below.
We are looking for a senior ASP.NET developer with strong project management skills to join our growing team in 2010-1002 Sherbrooke O, Montreal QC H3A 3L6. Communication ability and business sense is an absolute must as you will be interacting heavily with business units in multiple sites and countries (common language is English). Hands-on coding skills are also absolutely necessary -- you must be able to both build and architect applications.
- Working closely with the business user community on existing in-house applications: Following up on bug-fixes, gathering requirements, architecting and coding new features for business facing applications.
- Taking ownership of new projects from conception to completion, keeping in contact with the business side through the development cycle.
- Guiding and managing junior level programmers.
- Working on every aspect of the development cycle: architecture, coding, testing, and documentation.
- At least 3 years in software systems development.
- At least 2 years of experience in web development, both client and server side.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented designs.
- Experience with the following technologies:
· C# and the .NET Framework 2.0
· ASP.NET 2.0
· SQL Server 2005 and ADO.NET
· Web services
- Understanding of “n-tiers” architectures
- Very strong communication skills.
- Good command of the English language.
- Creative and autonomous with the maturity to see the value in the existing environment and work to improve it.
- Flexibility to work in a highly fluid environment where requirements evolve on a daily basis.
- An obsession with application reliability as downtime directly impacts our bottom line.
If you like a corporate, structured environment with committees, paperwork and procedures, this opportunity is not for you – if you are a project manager without the ability to build an application yourself, this opportunity is not for you. On the other hand, if you are a mature developer with great business sense this opportunity will be extremely rewarding. You will experience more with us in six months than you would in years elsewhere. You will have the opportunity to learn and understand a business model and all its technologies from front to back. You will be able to make a difference and have a direct influence on technological direction.
Send your CV to: [email protected]